The Media Center, located on the 3rd Floor of the Library, features The Dark Room Studio, an audio recording space reserved for high-quality voice and instrument recording. It features a powerful 27" iMac, Apogee Duet recording interface, Apple's Logic X software, and industry standard condensor and dynamic microphones. If a patron has never used recording software & equipment, or the space, they must schedule a time with Justin Foreman, or a Digital Media Lab tech, to get a tutorial on the space. The Studio remains locked when not in use, and may only be opened by a designated full time staff member of the Media Center, or Digital Media Lab Tech during the hours of 9am-8pm, Monday- Friday.
- Patrons must reserve time in the space and professional Media Center staff will open it during the day, or Digital Media Lab Techs in the evening.
- Patrons may reserve the space in 30 minute increments (may be consecutive), for no more than 3 hours in a single day.
- The space remains locked unless otherwise booked, or in use by professional Media Center staff.
- If it is the first time using the space, or return users need assistance for a particular session, the patron must indicate so on the booking form.
- Upon exiting the space users must alert Media Center Staff so as to lock up behind them.