Accessibililty Resource Room - LI 128
Scroll to bottom of page for booking availability!
The accessibility resource room is available any time the library is open and may be used without limitation by students who reserve the room.
The resource room contains the following equipment:
- ADA computer workstation with 24" monitor
- Combination headphones/microphone
- Optelec ClearView+ 24" Full HD Speech
- hp scanjet 8200 scanner
- Landline telephone
The workstation features the following specialized software (not available on other SMCM public computers):
- Kurzweil 3000: Creates spoken-word files from scanned text which are DAISY compatible.
The Office of Accessibility Services Recommends the following free text-to-speech and screen reader software:
To reserve the room:
- Room may be booked in 60 minute segments and may be booked up to 3 months in advance
- To book the room, click on the available time segment(s) you would like, enter your name & email address, and click "submit my booking." An smcm.edu email address is required.
- After making a booking, you will receive an email with a confirmation link inside - please confirm your booking within 24 hours. If you do not confirm your booking within 24 hours the room is not reserved!
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-895-4264