Accessibililty Resource Room - LI 128
THE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE: KURZWEIL, DRAGON NATURALLY SPEAKING, AND ZOOMTEXT.
Scroll to bottom of page for booking availability!
The accessibility resource room is available any time the library is open and may be used without limitation by students who reserve the room.
The resource room contains the following equipment:
- ADA computer workstation with 24" monitor
- Combination headphones/microphone
- hp scanjet 8200 scanner
- Landline telephone
The workstation features the following specialized software (not available on other SMCM public computers):
- JAWS: Reads on-screen computer text. It includes DAISY reading software for workstation use.
- FS Reader 3.0: DAISY Player Software for Desktop PCs running Windows
- Kurzweil 3000: Creates spoken-word files from scanned text which are DAISY compatible.
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking: Speech-to-text speech recognition software
- ZoomText Screen Reader and Magnifier
The workstation also has access to the following software that are available on other SMCM public computers:
- IBM SPSS
- VLC Media Player
To reserve the room:
- Room may be booked in 60 minute segments and may be booked up to 3 months in advance
- To book the room, click on the available time segment(s) you would like, enter your name & email address, and click "submit my booking." An smcm.edu email address is required.
- After making a booking, you will receive an email with a confirmation link inside - please confirm your booking within 24 hours. If you do not confirm your booking within 24 hours the room is not reserved!
- Questions? Email email@example.com or call 240-895-4264